Sunday, March 16, 2014

Girl Named Mommy...AGAIN!

She's here! Chloe Grace Edwards was born at 8:19pm on Wednesday, March 12th! She weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. I had a fairly easy delivery, I got to the hospital at 11am to be induced, so 9 hours total! We came home Friday morning, from a very frustrating stay at Cox Hospital (we've had all 3 babies there, and never had such bad "service" and disorganized and unknowledgeable nurses. We were not impressed with Cox this time.The bright spot was that I got to eat popsicles and jello and drink anything clear during labor!) 

Our first night home Chloe was up pretty much from 1:30am to 6:30am, she didn't sleep much. The second night (last night) she ate at 1:45am (Pete fed her) and at 5:30am (I went to bed at 9pm, so by 5:30 I'd had 8 1/2 hours sleep! Unheard of!) She's working on getting her days and nights straight, and she's still in that newborn sleep all day phase, but I'm trying to keep her up more in the daytime. I've been nursing and so far have been more successful than with the other two, but have also had to supplement a bit with formula, which we did with the girls as well. 

She is so beautiful (I'm of course not biased!) and I am so in love with her. She is (so far) such a good baby, she is calm and doesn't cry very much, very sweet and good natured. The girls are pretty excited that she's here. Although Kylie is very disappointed that Chloe sleeps so much and she can't play with her. We keep telling her to wait a few months and she'll be playing all the time! Claire has been a big helper, holding bottles, putting socks on, and getting towels and diapers. 





We are just so happy and blessed, our little family feels complete and I can't wait to watch the girls grow up together! The third baby is so different than the first - with Kylie I was in shock about having a baby, and simultaneously mourning the loss of my independent do-what-I-want lifestyle, and struggling with postpartum depression. With Chloe it's all about completing our family, being blessed with another healthy girl, and not about a huge lifestyle change. 

I am just so happy she's finally here (and I'm not pregnant anymore!) and we get to spend time with her. Or maybe that's just the 8 hours sleep I got last night talking... ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment