Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Girl Named Frantic

So, I haven't written since Labor Day! Ugh. Things have been SO crazy! Right now I'm getting ready for Black Friday at work, and in the retail marketing world that translates to "I'm a crazy person". 

My grandpa passed away a few weeks ago, which was hard because my mom and I lived with him my whole childhood, until I moved out for college. So he was basically my dad. My grandma is having a rough time, as they were married 68 years. She's now learning how to live alone, which is hard for her.

 I've pretty much been sick since then, with a horrible stomach virus, then a cold, then strep throat. I'm currently on antibiotics so feeling better for the first time in a while!

The girls are all doing well, so far the only one to get sick at all was Kylie with the stomach bug (that she shared with me). Chloe is 8 months now and standing and crawling all over, she never sits still unless she's sleeping! Claire is learning a lot in pre-K, getting geared up to start Kindergarten in August. Kylie is loving 1st grade, and I'm NOT loving all the drama that comes with 1st grade (who knew it started so early??).

Today is Pete's birthday, so we had the 6th Annual Edwards Invitational Beer Pong Tournament on Saturday, and it was SO much fun to get to see all our friends that made it over! Even though Pete wins every year, I had a great time having a 90's sing off with a couple friends (you know who you are!). 

We're excited for Chloe's first Thanksgiving next week, and sad that it will also be our first Thanksgiving without my grandpa. 

Other than that, we don't have much going on (ha)! I just wanted to make a post, since I hadn't in so long. I will try to be more efficient at posting from now on! 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

  1. Rhiannon,
    I am really sorry to hear Eldon Died a few weeks ago. Tell Verla I am sorry to hear it. You do STILL have a dad who took care of you until you were 7 years old. I am sorry for the mess that has been created between us. Maybe some day we can at least talk to each outher. I love you and take care of my three grandkids!

    ReplyDelete